Open 19.1 – Authentic Thai Beef Curry Recipe
FFF’s Open 19.1 recipe is specially designed with a good top up of carbs to replenish glycogen stores – as the muscles preferred fuel source, a tough workout like this is sure to deplete reserves. The beef in this recipe provides a protein hit, perfect for repairing tired muscles!
- 130g beef rump
- ½ tsp curry powder
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 95g broccoli
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- ¼ cup brown rice
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp lemongrass
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- coconut shavings
- fresh red chilli
- Heat a little olive oil in a large frying pan and fry the beef until browned on the outside
- Add the curry powder and cook for another minute until the meat is covered
- Pour in the coconut milk, bring to the boil, cover and then reduce to a simmer for 30-45 minutes until the beef is tender
- Sprinkle the broccoli with chilli powder and roast for 20 minutes at 180 degree.
- Cover the rice with cold water, adding lemongrass and ginger to the saucepan
- Bring to the boil and simmer for approx. 25 minutes. Remove from heat and drain well.
- Serve together and garnish with freshly chopped parsley, coconut shavings and fresh chilli