Open 19.1 – Authentic Thai Beef Curry Recipe
FFF’s Open 19.1 recipe is specially designed with a good top up of carbs to replenish glycogen stores – as the muscles preferred fuel source, a tough workout like this is sure to deplete reserves. The beef in this recipe provides a protein hit, perfect for repairing tired muscles!
- 130g beef rump
- ½ tsp curry powder
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 95g broccoli
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- ¼ cup brown rice
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp lemongrass
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- coconut shavings
- fresh red chilli
- Heat a little olive oil in a large frying pan and fry the beef until browned on the outside
- Add the curry powder and cook for another minute until the meat is covered
- Pour in the coconut milk, bring to the boil, cover and then reduce to a simmer for 30-45 minutes until the beef is tender
- Sprinkle the broccoli with chilli powder and roast for 20 minutes at 180 degree.
- Cover the rice with cold water, adding lemongrass and ginger to the saucepan
- Bring to the boil and simmer for approx. 25 minutes. Remove from heat and drain well.
- Serve together and garnish with freshly chopped parsley, coconut shavings and fresh chilli
[av_image src=’https://freshfitnessfood.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Andy-Slater-Executive-Chef.png’ attachment=’2805′ attachment_size=’full’ align=’center’ styling=” hover=” link=” target=” caption=” font_size=” appearance=” overlay_opacity=’0.4′ overlay_color=’#000000′ overlay_text_color=’#ffffff’ animation=’no-animation’ custom_class=” admin_preview_bg=”][/av_image]
Why not let Andy do the cooking for you?
[av_button label=’Check out our meal plans here’ link=’manually,http://https://freshfitnessfood.com/packages/’ link_target=’_blank’ size=’large’ position=’center’ icon_select=’no’ icon=’ue800′ font=’entypo-fontello’ color=’grey’ custom_bg=’#444444′ custom_font=’#ffffff’ custom_class=” admin_preview_bg=”]