Recipe – quinoa and sweet potato falafel
A quick and easy plant based meal, this quinoa and sweet potato falafel is perfect to whip up mid week. This recipe serves 4 – make sure to serve with a generous portion of your choice of veg or salad.
3 sweet potatoes
½ cup cooked red quinoa
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp turmeric
2 tsp dried thyme
25 g tahini paste
- Place sweet potatoes onto a baking tray and into the oven, cook at 180 degrees celsius for 30-45 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft the whole way through.
- Once potatoes are cooked, leave to cool slightly.
- Cut the sweet potatoes open and scoop out the flesh. Mix the with the quinoa, paprika, turmeric, thyme and tahini.
- Roll mix into balls (around 20) and place on a greaseproof lined tray.
- Place tray of falafels into the oven, preheated to 200 degrees celsius, and cook for 10-15 minutes or until they have formed a slight crust.
- Serve with your choice of greens!
Or, let us doing the cooking! Click below to read about our meal plans.
Latest posts by Lisa Scheepers (see all)
- Where to Start with Fat Loss? - December 21, 2022
- Should You Exercise with a Hangover? - December 16, 2022
- How To Get More Sleep - November 21, 2022