Turmeric High Protein Pancakes With Charred Pineapple And Passionfruit
+ 250g Gluten free flour
+ 4 Bananas (peeled)
+ 20g Honey
+ 2tsp Baking powder
+ 40g Whey protein
+ 4 Whole eggs
1. Separate the eggs, place the egg yolks in a bowl and add the honey.
2. Place the bananas into a blender and blend until smooth.
3. Add the blended banana to the egg yolks and honey and mix together until smooth.
4. Mix the baking powder, whey protein and gluten free flour into the egg mixture.
5. Add the egg whites to a separate bowl and beat until stiff peaks form.
6. Carefully fold this into the rest of the mixture.
7. Place a pan on a medium heat.
8. When the pan is warm, pop 1 spoonful of mixture into the pan and repeat 4/5 times leaving 2cm between each spoonful.
9. When bubbles begin to form on the surface, flip the pancake over.
10. Cook pancake for another 1-2 minutes then remove from the pan.
11. Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
+ 1 whole pineapple
+ 1 tsp mixed spice
+ 1 tsp olive oil
+ 4 passion fruits
1. Cut the skin off the pineapple and dice into 1 inch chunks.
2. Place a pan on the heat and add the olive oil.
3. Dust the pineapple with the mixed spice and place into the pan.
4. Cook the pineapple until the ‘down side’ becomes golden brown then turn, colouring 2-3 sides of each piece
5. Remove and cool.
6. Cut the passion fruits in half and remove the seeds.
7. Place the seeds into a bowl for sprinkling a little later.