Malai kori spiced white fish, heritage tomatoes, and asparagus
White fish is a versatile high protein alternative, as well as providing an important source of B-vitamins such as vitamin B12, B6 and Niacin, which play an essential role in the process of energy production.
We’ve paired our protein with a fresh seasonal salad to give you a wealth of extra nutrients, such as tomatoes, which are rich in the antioxidant lycopene, and asparagus, which provides us with vitamin K, folate and Selenium, to name a few essentials!
For the Fish:
4 Fish fillets – cod or haddock work well
2tsp mild chilli powder
1 tsp turmeric
1 tbsp kasundi mustard paste
1 tsp chopped green chilli
1 tsp chickpea flour
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp oil
For the Rest:
2 handfuls of heritage tomatoes
1 fennel bulb
1 bunch asparagus (prepped ready to go)
- Preheat the oven to 200°c.
- Mix all ingredients for the marinade together and mix with the fish, place on greaseproof lined trays.
- Place the fish into the oven and cook for 5 minutes then add asparagus to the tray, continue to cook.
- Continue to cook for another 5-10 minutes or until the fish begins to just flake away.
- Remove the fish from the oven and leave to rest.
- Thinly slice the fennel so the slices are see through.
- Roughly cut the tomatoes into pieces.
- Mix the fennel and the tomatoes together.
Serve the fish on top of the tomato salad with the asparagus around the outside.