Recipe: Perfect Pancakes for you to try this Shrove Tuesday
250g gluten free flour
4 bananas (peeled)
2 tsp baking powder
40g chocolate whey protein
4 whole eggs
15 g cacao powder
- Separate the eggs, place the egg yolks in a bowl and add the honey.
- Place the bananas into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the blended banana into the egg yolks and honey and mix together.
- Mix the baking powder, whey protein, cacao powder and gluten free flour into the egg mixture.
- In a separate bowl, place the egg whites and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Carefully fold this into the rest of the mixture.
- Place a pan onto a medium heat and add a splash of oil.
- Place 1 spoonful into a pan and cook flipping after 2 minutes.
- Repeat process until all the mixture has been used.
The Chocolate Mousse
160g Greek yogurt
35g cacao nibs/dark chocolate
5g maple syrup
- Place the chocolate into a microwaveable dish and place in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Take dish out, stir then repeat process. Continue to repeat until chocolate has melted.
- When chocolate has melted stir through the yogurt.
- Add maple syrup to taste
The Finishing Touch
To serve pile up your chosen number of pancakes with a spoonful of the chocolate mousse then drizzle over the peanut butter.