Breakfast, lunch, or dinner, this recipe is a meat free winner!
Whether you're looking for a light lunch, and weekend brunch this dish packs in plenty of vegetables and some serious flavour to satisfy every single taste bud. We like to serve ours with a side of fresh greens, and topped with a sprinkling of parmesan, but you the opportunities are endless.
If like lots of our clients you're gluten free, you can sub out the standard flour for something that suits your dietary needs.
- 40g white potato, peeled and roughly grated
- 40g parsnips, peeled and roughly grated
- 40g carrot peeled and roughly grated
- 1 white onion thinly sliced
- 1 tsp chopped thyme
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp salt
1) Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl, before covering and leaving for 10-15 minutes or until the water comes out of the vegetables and the mix becomes stickier.
2) Place a medium sized frying pan onto the heat and add 1 tsp of oil. Leave for a minute or two to get hot.
3) Place the mix in the pan and push out to fill the pan. Make sure this isn't too thin!
4) Cook on one side for 5 minutes or until the rosti begins to go golden in colour.
5) Carefully flip the rosti over (be sure it's cooked, so it doesn't break) and cook on the other side for a further 5 minutes, or until golden brown.
6) Serve with a side of fresh greens, and a sprinkling or parmesan or mixed roasted seeds.
If you do try this dash, be sure to share it on your social media and tag us @freshfitnessfood.