Our ratatouille is jam-packed with vitamins and minerals that will keep you feeling healthy and energized in the cold months ahead! – And, it’s absolutely delicious too
- Red peppers
- Yellow peppers
- Tomato paste
- Chopped tomatoes
- Bay leaves
- Dice the onion, celery and carrot into similar sized chunks.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a large saucepan, then add the onion, celery and carrot.
- Stir together well. Now add the rosemary, bay leaf and thyme.
- Meanwhile, slice the peppers and remove seeds. Place on an oven tray and bake for 20 minutes.
- Once the onion, celery and carrot have become golden and have softened, stir in the tomato paste and let cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook for a further 20 mins on low heat.
- Add the oven-roasted peppers and basil to the sauce and blend to bring together.
- Butternut squash
- Red onion
- 1 bunch thyme
- Olive oil
- Slice the butternut, aubergine, courgette and red onion into 1/2 cm slices.
- Place the ratatouille sauce into the bottom of a roasting tray.
- Layer the vegetable base upright in the following order: butternut squash, courgette, aubergine, red onion, and continue until all the veg is used.
- Finally, scatter the chopped thyme over the ratatouille and add a drizzle of olive oil.
- Now cover with foil and place into an oven at 160C for 40 minutes.
- Remove the foil and place back in the oven for 15 minutes or until nicely crispy and golden!
Photo credits too:
Latest posts by FFF FFF (see all)
- Build your best salad! - April 29, 2019
- Does Christmas really ruin your health goals? - December 19, 2018
- An Interview with CF London owner Mike Lee… - December 19, 2018