Savoury Vietnamese Crepes, topped with Umami Mushrooms
140g besan/chickpea flour
140g tapioca flour
1 tsp turmeric
½ clove of garlic (finely chopped)
½ red chilli (finely chopped)
20ml coconut milk
- Place all the dry ingredients into a bowl and whisk in the coconut milk.
- Place a pan over a medium heat, and add a splash of oil.
- Take 1 ladle of the mixture and pour into the middle of the pan.
- Move the pan around to cover the whole of the base with the pancake mixture.
- Cook the pancake until the mixture on top looks dry, then flip over.
- Cook for a further 2 minutes then remove the pancake and repeat the process until all the mix is used.
250g mixed mushrooms roughly chopped
½ onion finely diced
4 spring onions, finely sliced
20ml tamari sauce
- Place a pan onto a medium heat and add a splash of oil.
- Add the onion and fry for 1-2 minutes then add the mushrooms.
- Cook the mushrooms for 5-10 minutes until the water begins to come out, continue cooking until the water has evaporated
- Add the tamari sauce and the sliced spring onions then remove the mushrooms from the pan
- To serve pick down the mint and basil and slice through the lettuce.
- Make a wrap with the pancake, the umami mushrooms and your selection of the vegetables.