White Fish & Summer Ratatouille Recipe
The sun has finally come out and we’re certain it’s here to stay. This high protein recipe is bursting with light, summer flavours perfect for enjoying in the sun with your friends and family. Simple to cook and delicious to eat, this is definitely one to try.
Makes 2 portions.
- 2 portions white fish, filleted
- 1 small white onion, diced
- Half an aubergine, diced
- 1 courgette, diced
- 1 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 50g sliced black olives
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper
- Basil leaves to garnish
- Olive oil or oil spray
- Add a little oil or oil spray to a saucepan over a medium heat
- Add the onions, stirring until they begin to soften
- Stir in the courgettes, peppers and aubergines and oregano and continue to cook for a couple of minutes
- Tip in the chopped tomatoes, fill up the empty can with water and pour it in too
- Simmer the ratatouille over a medium heat for around 40 minutes, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are completely soft and season them to taste
- When the ratatouille is ten minutes away from being ready place a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and add a little oil or oil spray
- Season the fish with salt and pepper, then add it to the frying pan. Cook until 4-5 minutes on each side until golden on the outside and cooked through (thick cuts may need longer)
- Top the ratatouille with the fish and garnish with basil leaves and olives
Fresh Fitness Food provides personalised meal plans delivered straight to your door, ensuring not only that you have the nutrients you need to manage your stress levels, but also that you have the time usually spent shopping, cooking and washing up, to engage in your favourite stress-reducing activity. To discuss which nutrition plan is right for you, book a call with our in-house nutrition team here.
Order today and start smashing your goals with personalised nutrition!
Get £50 off a 5-day trial with code: BLOG50. Start your trial here