7 Tips to Make the Perfect Pancakes Every Time
It’s Pancake Day, so we’re here to give you our top tips for how to make the perfect pancakes every time. Get stacking!
Not only are pancakes delicious, but they’re also versatile, involve fairly simple ingredients and can also provide a sense of comfort and nostalgia for many people, as they’re often associated with childhood memories, weekend breakfasts, and special occasions.
Make the perfect pancakes
- Don’t overmix the batter: overdoing it on the mixing can cause the pancakes to be tough and flat – definitely not the texture you’re after. Mix the ingredients until just combined, leaving some lumps in the batter.
- Let the batter rest: Let the batter rest for a few minutes before cooking to allow the baking powder to activate, which helps the pancakes rise.
- Use the right heat: Cook the pancakes over medium heat. If the heat is too high, the pancakes will cook too quickly and become too dark on the outside and undercooked on the inside.
- Use the right pan: Use a non-stick pan to cook the pancakes. This will help prevent sticking and ensure even cooking.
- Flip the pancakes once: Flip the pancakes once when the edges start to look dry and the surface is covered with bubbles. Do not press down on the pancakes with the spatula, as this will make them dense.
- Don’t worry if your first pancake isn’t perfect: It always takes the first one to get your pan at the correct temperature and to judge the correct amount of batter. It happens to the best of cooks.
Experiment with toppings: Pancakes are really versatile and can be enjoyed with savoury toppings, such as smoked salmon, ricotta and spinach or if you prefer a sweet option – fruit, honey and nut butter.
Ready to put your skills to the test? Try this recipe for our fluffy pancakes topped with raspberry compote and peanut butter – find it here.
- Do you need to cut carbohydrates out of your diet to be healthy? - September 21, 2023
- The Dark Side of Low-Calorie Diets: 6 Negative Impacts on Your Health - September 18, 2023
- Za’atar Roasted Cauliflower with Tahini Yoghurt - September 14, 2023