Recipe: Fluffy Pancakes with Raspberry Compote and Peanut Butter
This pancake day, try out one of our most popular breakfasts and get building a stack of dreams. Easy to make, even easier to eat! Before you get started, check out our 7 top tips to make perfect pancakes every time here.
Serves 2 (approx 8 pancakes, depending on size)
- 125ml oat milk
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 small banana
- 100g rolled oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of cinnamon
- 15ml oil
- Put the oat milk, egg yolks, banana, oats baking powder and cinnamon in a blender and process to as smooth a mixture as you can get. You can also whisk by hand in a large mixing bowl, but you will need to mash the banana before starting.
- Whisk the eggs whites until they hold stiff peaks. Whisk 1-2 tbsp of the whites into the batter, then fold in the rest.
- Heat a non-stick pan over a medium heat and a little oil to the pan.
- Pour about 2 tbsp of batter into the pan and cook for 1-2 mins or until the edges start to look dry.
- Flip the pancakes once. Do not press down on the pancakes with the spatula, as this will make them dense. Cook the other side for a minute
- Repeat in batches, making sure the top looks dryish and golden brown before attempting the flip!
- 250 grams of raspberries
- 25 grams of honey
- 1/2 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 125 ml of water
- Wash the mixed fruit.
- In a saucepan, combine the fruit, honey, lemon juice, cinnamon stick, and water.
- Stir the mixture and bring it to a boil over medium heat.
- Once it reaches a boil, reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the cinnamon stick and let the compote cool.
And finally, topped with 15g peanut butter
Finally, stack your pancakes, top them with the compote and drizzle with a little peanut butter…You batter believe it, these pancakes are delicious!
Latest posts by Georgia Head (see all)
- 4 Top Tips For Preparing for the London Marathon - March 22, 2023
- Recipe: Fluffy Pancakes with Raspberry Compote and Peanut Butter - February 21, 2023
- 7 Tips to Make the Perfect Pancakes Every Time - February 21, 2023