A light Summer dish!
With temperatures creeping up, and summer incoming the desire for dishes a little lighter. Meet the dish the matches that desire.
Whilst it may be low in calories, the nutrients it packs in are not. The garlic addition hosts a number of antioxidants that support the body's protective mechanisms against oxidative damage. On top of this, the mix of leafy greens pack in a good dose of vitamins K, which plays a role in maintaining normal bones, as well as A and C, which help the immune system to function normally.
+ 2 Cod fillets
+ 1 Lemon (juiced and zested)
+ 1 Clove of Garlic
+ 1 Small bunch of parsley finely diced
+ 1tsp Coriander seeds
+ 2tsp Sweet paprika
+ 1tsp Cumin seeds
+ 100g Kale
+ 100g Cavolo nero
+ 250g Baby spinach
+ 200g Savoy cabbage
+ 1 Handful of peas
+ ½ Head broccoli (florets cut off stalk)
+ 2tbsp Tahini
+ 60g Yoghurt
+ 1tbsp Mint (thinly sliced)
+ 1tbsp Dill (chopped)
+ 30g Cucumber (grated)
+ 1 lemon (zested and juiced)
- Dry fry coriander, paprika and cumin.
- Blend the spices down and mix with salt .
- Season the cod with the spice mix.
- Place the cod onto a baking tray and then bake in the oven at 200c for 10 minutes.
- When the cod comes out of the oven finish with chopped parsley and lemon juice.
- Remove kale from stalks.
- Dice cavolo and savoy.
- Steam all greens separately.
- Refresh the mix with peas, oil and the tahini.
- Place the yoghurt into a bowl, add the mint, dill, cucumber and lemon juice and zest.
- Mix all together.
If you make this, be sure to tag us on Instagram @freshfitnessfood