Recipe: 3 Peppercorn Roasted Beef Bavette with Sweet Potato Chips, Broccoli, Courgette and a Herby Creme Fraiche.
Why is energy important?
Our bodies need energy to survive! We require energy to support our essential bodily functions, the growth and repair of cells and tissues, and to enable us to perform physical activity.
How to get more energy from your food.
In food, energy is expressed as calories. We obtain calories from three macronutrients: protein, carbohydrates and fat. These are required in large quantities by the body, hence the term ‘macro’. Each macro has its own energy value. Both protein and carbohydrate provide 4 calories per gram, whilst fats provide 9 calories per gram. To optimise your energy levels, we recommend consuming a balanced diet and including a variety of high quality and wholefood sources of each macronutrient. By consuming a good balance of macronutrients, from high-quality sources, you’ll most likely be obtaining all the micronutrients (essential vitamins and minerals) that you require to function optimally too!
3 Peppercorn Roasted Beef Bavette with Sweet Potato Chips, Broccoli, Courgette and a Herby Creme Fraiche.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 tsp Tamari sauce
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pink peppercorns
- ½ tsp Black peppercorns
- ¼ tsp Green peppercorns
- 300g Beef bavette
- 250g Sweet potato (sliced into chips)
- 150g Courgette (sliced widthways into 1cm rounds)
- 150g Tenderstem broccoli
- 2 tbsp Creme Fraiche
- 1tsp Dill (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Chives (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Lemon zest
- Salt and pepper to season
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Mix the sweet potato chips with a little olive oil and salt and add spread across a baking tray. Roast the sweet potato chips for approximately 30-40 minutes or until the chips are soft and becoming crispy on the outside.
- Meanwhile, tumble the broccoli and courgette with the remaining olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Blend together the peppercorns and the salt.
- Rub the steak with olive oil and tamari and dust with the peppercorn mixture.
- Sear for 2-3 minutes on each side, or longer depending on how well done you like yours.
- Make your herby creme fraiche by mixing through the mixed herbs.
- Serve your steak and chips, with fresh greens and a spoonful of creme fraiche on the side or on top as per your preference.